Wrath of Oblivion
A Changling Scorceress who likes to... OOH! Shiny!
I’m sorry I (D) haven’t answered Allen’s Deadly Q&A of Death Doom and Destruction. I’ve been super busy with work (both of them) and stuff. My character is done. It just needs to be printed out. I have a background, but I haven’t had time to write it up and have Josh post it here.
Working 2 jobs (more actually if you include the 2 or 3 school clubs, plus the Freshman class sponsor stuff) , planning for a wedding, getting my car fixed (again), keeping my honey happy, and regular life stuff has priority. I’ll try and get it done soon.
note this is a work in progress….
-1) Your character is asked to describe himself before a court filled with people s/he respects. Magic will reveal outright lies, but not subtle nuances of deceit. How would your character describe him/herself and how would s/he account for her life so far?
-0.5) Later that night you get totally hammered on Dwarven Wine and Elvish Ale (a bad combo). Completely bombed, how do you now answer question -1 to the bard you are drinking with who you’ll never see again after tonight?
0) Of the common virtues like honesty, courage, loyalty, friendliness, intelligence, honor and the like, which ones does your character value highly in others? Which does s/he possess in spades? Which does s/he THINK s/he has, but really doesn’t? What qualities in a person will make you hate them?
1) Could everyone make a character who is at least 25-30 years old (or older)? What did you do in that time? Were you training with knights? Working for a pirate? Enslaved to an evil necromancer (or good necromancer)? Provide some details and feel free to add to the world by making assumptions about just about anything – the more you give me to work with the richer your role playing experience is going to be and the more opportunities for your character to be in the spotlight!
My parents died when I was 3, so I have little memories of them. I was taken in by the temple of the Raven Queen as a orphan, and was was raised by them. I was offered a chance to be a priestess but I was too free spirited for that. I left when I was 15 and worked as a barmaid in a nearby inn called Clover Mead. I would send most of my earnings back to the temple. Being disgusted with many of the underhanded dealing and chauvinistic ways of politicians and affluent merchants, I decided that the money they would horde and gorge themselves on would be better off given to those in need, such as the orphans at the temple. So for most of the past ten years I have been relinquishing ill gotten funds from the undeserving. While working there she met a tall pale male Humanoid individual
2) What happened to your family? Do you still have a mom & dad out there on a farm? Brothers and sisters?Describe your character’s voice. Would you say s/he speaks with formality? Casually? Does s/he have any favorite expressions/curses?
My parents were apple farmers, and my father made a popular cider. When they died the Lord who owned the land allowed another family to take over the orchard. I was an only child, but I am unsure about any other relatives. I normally speak casually, but I learned to speak formally when I lived at the temple. When I am upset you will often hear the phrases “frack” “frell” or “crow”.
3) What is your character’s favorite food? Drink? What does the character hate?
My favorite drink is cider. I drink it in honor of my parents, may they rest in peace. I dislike liars, stupidity, chauvinism, politicians, lamb, veal, and things that eat babies.
4) Describe character’s first battle, first hunt, or first killing of another person. Try to make it as vivid as possible, including the character’s age, training and experience, plus details on the surroundings (weather, terrain, uniforms or clothing of self & others).
While working at the inn I was serving a affluent merchant. He was groping all the barmaids (including me), treating the innkeeper poorly, refused to tip, and then began harassing one of the local farm girls. Basically treating her like a whore. When she left, he followed immediately after with a lecherous glint in his eye. I told one of the other barmaids I wasn’t feeling well and to take over my tables. I went out the back and attempted to follow them. When I caught to up to them he was forcing himself upon her, and she was obviously in distress. I changed my appearance to look like a Dragonborn female, picked up the largest rock I could lift and caved in the back of his skull. The farm girl who was horrified and shocked at the entire experience, whispered thanks to me, and ran home. No one has heard her speak since. I cut his purse from his belt and headed back to the inn. On the way I changed my appearance back, washed my hands in a horse trough, and returned to work. I frequently visited the outhouse throughout the evening to keep up the guise of my “illness.”
5) Your character is the butt of a practical joke. Could your character see the humor in it? Would your character get even? Does getting even mean staging another practical joke, or something else?
I would find it hilarious and try to prank them back when the time was right. Then call it even.
6) Your character is plagued by a recurring nightmare/dream. Describe the dream.
No I’m not.
7) Everybody has some little item that they regard as somehow sacred. A piece of clothing, a momento of some event, whatever. What is your character’s sacred item? Tell the story of how your character found it, or why it came to be important.
I have a silver ring that belonged to my mother. It has a row of tiny apples across it. The sisters at the temple kept it for me till I was old enough to take care of it myself. It is a bit too small so it won’t fall off on it’s own.
8) Does your character sleep well? What kind of dreams does s/he have, if any?
I sleep fine.
9) To your character does revenge mean (1) “an eye for an eye” (2) “repayment with interest” (3) the only good enemy is a dead enemy or something else? Do you serve revenge hot, as soon as possible, or cold, awaiting a perfect place and time?
I’m not really a vengeful person (other than the stealing from the greedy), but if I were to, it would be served cold.
10) You return to a comfortable inn that has housed you in cozy hospitality numerous times over the years. You find that the kindly family has just been threatened, beaten up and robbed. You track down the leader and capture him. What will you do now?
11) What would provoke you to kill a commoner?
12) Do you fear/respect/love the gods? Which ones? Why?
13) What is your character’s biggest mistake/regret?