Wrath of Oblivion
This Dusk Elf is on a journey to complete her training.
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ====== Vanastalia, level 1 Elf, Monk Monastic Tradition: Centered Breath Background: Dusk Envoy (+2 to History)
FINAL ABILITY SCORES Str 16, Con 14, Dex 20, Int 14, Wis 20, Cha 14.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES Str 16, Con 14, Dex 18, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 14.
AC: 17 Fort: 15 Reflex: 16 Will: 16 HP: 26 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 6
TRAINED SKILLS Endurance +7, Athletics +8, Perception +12, Stealth +10, Acrobatics +10
UNTRAINED SKILLS Arcana +2, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +5, Heal +5, History +4, Insight +5, Intimidate +2, Nature +7, Religion +2, Streetwise +2, Thievery +5
FEATS Level 1: Acolyte of the Veil
POWERS Monk at-will 1: Five Storms Monk at-will 1: Crane’s Wings Monk encounter 1: Open the Gate of Battle Monk daily 1: Whirling Mantis Step
ITEMS Monk Unarmed Strike, Shuriken (10), Longbow, Quarterstaff, Adventurer’s Kit, Dagger, Arrows (30), Ki Focus, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Climber’s Kit, Woodwind, Silk Rope (50 ft.), Footpads
-1) Your character is asked to describe himself before a court filled with people s/he respects. Magic will reveal outright lies, but not subtle nuances of deceit. How would your character describe him/herself and how would s/he account for her life so far? *This One is a follower of The Way. This One seeks to find perfect existence through imperfect existence.
-0.5) Later that night you get totally hammered on Dwarven Wine and Elvish Ale (a bad combo). Completely bombed, how do you now answer question -1 to the bard you are drinking with who you’ll never see again after tonight? This One does not partake of mood altering substances; the mind must be clear to maintain equilibrium. *
0) Of the common virtues like honesty, courage, loyalty, friendliness, intelligence, honor and the like, which ones does your character value highly in others? Which does s/he possess in spades? Which does s/he THINK s/he has, but really doesn’t? What qualities in a person will make you hate them? The most noble of qualities is imperturbable composure. *_This One must be as water that fits any container into which it is poured therefore this one seeks to be in harmony with this One’s surroundings at all times. _
When pointing out other people’s faults we often forget that we may be guilty of the same mistake. This One strives to not project Oneself on things this One comes into contact with and does not differentiate between Oneself and other things because so-called objectivity and subjectivity do not exist. The domain of wisdom is in understanding that there is no self, there is no other and everything is the way it is.
1) Could everyone make a character who is at least 25-30 years old (or older)? What did you do in that time? Were you training with knights? Working for a pirate? Enslaved to an evil necromancer (or good necromancer)? Provide some details and feel free to add to the world by making assumptions about just about anything – the more you give me to work with the richer your role playing experience is going to be and the more opportunities for your character to be in the spotlight! This One has lived in seclusion and in practice of The Way since the age of 4 years. This One’s mind has been torn by two desires for many years. The contradiction has destroyed this One’s mind’s unity and tranquility. This One travels to discover this one’s own self-nature because there is no external road to harmony of mind.
2) What happened to your family? Do you still have a mom & dad out there on a farm? Brothers and sisters?Describe your character’s voice. Would you say s/he speaks with formality? Casually? Does s/he have any favorite expressions/curses? This One has no close, living bloodties and can claim no distant ones; to follow The Way is to be without self therefore expressions of self are forbidden. This One persists by following the mantra “All is exactly as it should be at the moment.”
3) What is your character’s favorite food? Drink? What does the character hate? Everything under the skies, whether it be large or small, important or insignificant has its own particular place and purpose. The purpose of food is nourishment therefore it is unimportant to choose a favorite, everything is as it is and that’s just how it is.
4) Describe character’s first battle, first hunt, or first killing of another person. Try to make it as vivid as possible, including the character’s age, training and experience, plus details on the surroundings (weather, terrain, uniforms or clothing of self & others). This One is a novice to physical battle. The kata taught to followers of The Way are used as meditations only, however they do hail from a time when this One’s ancestors first stood apart from the Eladrin and other Elves and self defense was necessary. This One has been training for a minimum of 10 hours every day since the age of 4 years.
5) Your character is the butt of a practical joke. Could your character see the humor in it? Would your character get even? Does getting even mean staging another practical joke, or something else? We often discover a certain joy in hardship after the hardship is over. If we can discover it while it is happening, then summer will have its goodness and winter will have its wonders.
6) Your character is plagued by a recurring nightmare/dream. Describe the dream. The dream this One carries always is not something to be spoken of lightly or to be shared at this time.
7) Everybody has some little item that they regard as somehow sacred. A piece of clothing, a momento of some event, whatever. What is your character’s sacred item? Tell the story of how your character found it, or why it came to be important. Despite the teachings of The Way, this One has yet to completely abandon the self because this One bears a scar over the left eye which engenders feelings of separateness and guilt. The scar is a reminder that only this One survived an attack by Drow while others did not.
8) Does your character sleep well? What kind of dreams does s/he have, if any? *_This One does not sleep well and does not speak of dreams. _
9) To your character does revenge mean (1) “an eye for an eye” (2) “repayment with interest” (3) the only good enemy is a dead enemy or something else? Do you serve revenge hot, as soon as possible, or cold, awaiting a perfect place and time? There is no definite standard of good and bad. When something happens, it all depends on whether you look at it from the good side or the bad side.
10) You return to a comfortable inn that has housed you in cozy hospitality numerous times over the years. You find that the kindly family has just been threatened, beaten up and robbed. You track down the leader and capture him. What will you do now? This One would ask that the family be left alone, if the request is not acquiesced to, this one evaluates the necessity of allowing the perpetrators to remain capable of harming others and remedies the situation as needed.
11) What would provoke you to kill a commoner? It depends on the situation. There are people in this world who are forced to do shameless things in order to survive, but there are even more people who do despicable things simply to satisfy extravagant and shameless desires.
12) Do you fear/respect/love the gods? Which ones? Why? To follow The Way is to be free of the gods, though this one does honor Sehanine secretly as this One’s protector.
13) What is your character’s biggest mistake/regret? _This One wonders what life would have been like had family survived and this One not been given to the followers of The Way. It is a sentiment that must be cleared to complete training. This One is sent out into the world by the masters to travel other paths for a time. _